January 2, 2011

Isaiah 1 - 3

Isaiah 1 - just reading through these verses, it's kind of hard to imagine the degree of sinfulness that the nation of Israel has immersed themselves in.  I guess reading some of the related chapters in the history section of the Old Testament would help, but for now I am limiting myself to the information I can glean from this chapter and the succeeding ones (though I won't mind to be pointed to some resources I can use that can shed more light and understanding).  Some of the things I noticed:


1.  The land is desolate
2.  The people continue to follow the rituals and the ceremonies
3.  Despite of no. 2, it seems that the people are no longer doing the things mentioned in verses 16 - 17.  Likewise the leaders are guilty of the things mentioned in verse 23.



No comments:

Post a Comment